1. Describe the development of speech- from infancy to approximately two years of age. (100 word minimum for all questions) 2. Choose which type of mindset you most identify with- either fixed or grow
1. Describe the development of speech, from infancy to approximately two years of age. (100 word minimum for all questions)
2. Choose which type of mindset you most identify with, either fixed or growth, and explain how this mindset affects how you feel about your intelligence and abilities. What did you see modeled in your childhood home, and how does that shape your thinking today?
3. Academicians studying decision-making generally fall into one of two camps. Those in the first camp believe that humans are essentially irrational and tend to make poor decisions in a variety of situations, often based on impulse, emotions, or circumstance. In contrast, members of the second camp argue that, although humans do sometimes make poor decisions, they are generally quite rational.
Discuss the two camps of thought on human decision-making, and identify which you align with and why. You must support your beliefs with examples of various decision-making methods presented in this unit. What evidence is there that people tend to make poor decisions? What evidence is there that people tend to make good decisions?
4. Choose one theory of intelligence presented in this unit, and explain what it means in your own words. What are the common characteristics of intelligent behavior? How can you tell if someone is intelligent?