FFH currently has 18 store managers who are over the age of 65- and most are considering retirement from the retail store chain. This presents quite the challenge in a changing economy with a global v
FFH currently has 18 store managers who are over the age of 65, and most are considering retirement from the retail store chain. This presents quite the challenge in a changing economy with a global view, so there is an urgent need to create a new job description for the FHH store manager position and a succession plan strategy that addresses steps to take, policies to consider, and appropriate recommendations. If you choose to use a different organization, imagine a similar situation.
Include the following in your succession plan strategy for HR management and organizational leaders:
- Analyze steps for designing a career development plan for FFH stores or a selected organization. What specific training programs should be included for these supervisory and management positions? What external development sources would you use? What legal standards need to be considered?
- Explain what internal policies would need to be reviewed or implemented to support FFH’s or a selected organization’s succession planning initiative. How would diversity planning be impacted?
Recommend a succession plan strategy for each FFH position or a selected organization’s roles/titles. FFH’s positions include:
- Assistant Department Supervisor.
- Department Supervisor.
- Shift Supervisor.
- Assistant Store Manager.
Your succession plan strategy should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through the accurate communication of thoughts that support a central idea and use of correct grammar and mechanics as expected of a human resources professional.
- References: Support your analysis with at least two academic, scholarly, or professional resources from the Capella University Library.
- Format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and format.
- Length: Six pages, in addition to the references list.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.