Physical Assessment And Culture In Nursing (Due 20 Hours)
1) Minimum 7 full pages (No word count per page)- Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per part.
Part 1: minimum 1 page
Part 2: minimum 4 pages
Part 3: minimum 2 pages
Submit 1 document per part
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraph
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Don’t write in the first person
Don’t copy and paste the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
Submit 1 document per part
3)****************************** It will be verified by Turnitin (Identify the percentage of exact match of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
********************************It will be verified by SafeAssign (Identify the percentage of similarity of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
4) Minimum 3 references per part not older than 5 years
Part 2: Minimum 5 references not older than 5 years
All references must be consistent with the topic-purpose-focus of the parts. Different references are not allowed.
5) Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question. Start your answer on the same line, not the next
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
Part 1: Physical Assessment
A patient is being seen in the clinic due to progressive hearing loss. The physician is completing testing to distinguish between conductive and sensorineural hearing loss.
1. What specific testing would the nurse expect the physician to complete?
Part 2: Culture in Nursing
Topic: Native Americans believe that the illness comes from supernatural forces.
Write about a specific health belief system that is common to a population.
1. Abstract (1/2 page)
2. Describe the origins of the health beliefs (topic). (1 page)
3. Discuss the health implications of the health beliefs a. Are they potentially harmful? And why (1 page)
b. There are advantages from this belief for Native Americans compared to another culture? and why
4. How will you integrate the health beliefs into your nursing care? (write in the first person) (1 page)
5 Conclusion (1/2 page)
Part 3: Culture in Nursing
Topic (1 and 2): Down’s syndrome
1. How might parents from various cultures feel about the cause of this condition?
2. How does this compare with biomedical understanding?
An emergency room nurse is taking care of a 5-year-old boy who suffered trauma from a bike accident. His family identifies as Jehovah’s Witnesses. The nurse explains that the boy may need a blood transfusion. The parents express concern because taking blood, including via blood transfusion, is discouraged by their religion, a stance with which they agree.
3. How should the nurse discuss this situation with the parents and the interdisciplinary health care team?
4. What do you think the best course of action should be?
5. What are the primary ethical issues related to the refusal of blood transfusions in a child?